Sunday, November 2, 2008

Outdoors

It's more than just being outside. It's experiencing the myriad sounds that break a genuine silence. It's learning to interpret a true expression of nature's pristine existence, of quickly catching a swirling leaf before it reaches the ground to persistently continue the circle of life. It's becoming one with myself again, of retrieving hidden memories and valuable morals that have been long forgotten. Being outside is, for me, a way to re-connect with God, myself, and my personal purpose. The most valuable moments are usually the most easily taken for granted, so I make time for them to resurface. Carefully and quietly they communicate their content to me once more, and I return to the city life just as refreshed as I have ever been.

2 comments:

The Busey Family said...

You are also so good at beautiful poetry. I love it. Remember that one time...or a million times that I wanted you to write me a poem? Yep...still waiting.

Ben said...

Ah, yes, ok ok....