Sunday, November 23, 2008

Class Boredom

I was sitting in class, trying to avoid the effects of the bio-degrading boredom of the lecture, when I decided to write a little poem. It was especially funny because, just as I was ending it, my buddy leaned over to me and said “I am so bored I think I'm gonna die.” Here it is:


Drone of voices rumbles past
Air from vents, their quiet blast
A laptop's warmth annoys my legs
The clock ticks slow, ignores my beg.
I entered class with a tiny dread
Boredom seeps from the hairs of my head
If it ever ends, then I'll be glad
But this moment goes down as very bad.
Three more weeks, twenty-one days
Ten more quizzes, a couple of essays
Maybe I'll make it, maybe I won't;
At any rate, this semester's a joke.

1 comment:

The Busey Family said...

I am sorry you get so bored in class. It is rough...I know!