Saturday, April 6, 2019

Tunnel Singing

Ah, the nostalgia. Those cool, crisp nights that spontaneously drew large groups of hopeful, young, clean-faced BYU college students to swell together singing the well-worn hymns of Zion in the small tunnels the criss-crossed underneath the sidewalks of campus. I remember always hoping that one of the beautiful girls would draw herself closer, sometimes pulling herself under a friendly but coquettish side-armed hug while we harmonized in the gathering twilight. I wasn't very forward, but I was always interested. 

I loved my time there at BYU, and I mean that in the very essence of the word, loved. I practically worshipped that campus, and hungrily devoured every bit of knowledge afforded to me. My places of employment at the BYU Creamery on 9th and with the campus custodial services led me to some of the college friendships that, to this day, I treasure the most. 

Those days are my past. The campus has transformed, the students evolved.

No comments: