Saturday, September 2, 2017

I AM A SAILOR

Yes, you read that correctly. Yesterday, I braved the depths of the high seas with only my biceps, pocket-bible, and a large boat that happened to have two diesel engines and a competent captain (though I'm sure I would have been great at it if the need had arisen).

While there, we saw something close to 47 Great Blue Whales that were actually hump-back whales (I wonder if their species is offended by that name). They were amazing. Braeden, Emerson, and I shared the glory of catching four shark-like fish (two lingcod and two sea bass) that I later filleted with a dull knife and lots of willpower.

We also caught lots of crabs. So now I have crabs.

Now I'm sorry for being crude.

Actually, not really.

Braeden and Emerson enjoyed our trip, especially the part where we rode our mountain bicycles on a slow-motion adventure down a paved path to the sea. Emerson still has his training wheels on his bicycle that was designed for someone half his height; as a result, he can only poke along at a rate similar to that of erosion on the edge of Alaska.

Regardless, we finally made it to the beach and we caught hundreds of sand crabs with a little net; these little crabs would later be inadvertently murdered by lack of oxygen in the lidded container where they were housed as bait.