Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentines and Veracity

Ok, so my brother recently began a blog filled with his inconsistent memories (he claims them to be authentic because he was so anal-retentive that he kept a journal EVERY DAY since he was like four or something). Well, to be fair I decided that I should write a couple of events myself, though my memory isn't quite as intact as it once was (I think Ecuadorian ameobas ate my brain cells for lunch while I was taking illegal siestas on the mission). However, I am not going to write one today just because I have a test in the morning and I need to study. Plus my wife is talking to me from the bathroom and I can't focus.
So, tomorrow is National Single Awareness Day. I remember a time when I would scramble for a date on this holiday. Okay, tomorrow isn't, but my wife has designated as our “Valentine's Day” because she is abandoning me for a week to visit her folks. I keep telling her that she should ask her sisters to be her valentines; I mean, she's going to be with them after all. Anyway, I have planned something extremely special for us to do and have an amazing gift for Stephanie, because Valentine's Day is a very important holiday and I consider it to be an important predictor of our eternal relationship's success.
All joking aside (was I joking??), if there is anybody out there with a particular suggestion in the next twelve hours of what we should do for Valentine's Day, please comment on this blog. Actually, I don't really think anybody reads my blog, because nobody ever comments, but that's probably due to the fact that my discussions are either way too soap-boxy (which I think scares people away) or they are just poems that are completely incoherent to the average person (actually, more like to every person except for me. I think they are wonderful, but then again the other day I was holding a conversation with an extremely long arm-hair of mine that I had named Alexander; Stephanie eventually ripped him apart).
Ok, this blog is done but I just wanted to insist that I love Valentine's Day. Nothing quite beats spending money on pink paper and giving caffeine-laced chocolate to your wife. Gotta admit though, I just about have the dry heaves when I walk through the purple-plastered candy aisle in Wal-Mart. Kudos to St. Valentine, the saint of love (but haven't Catholics historically believed that the highest form of reverence is through celibacy? What did this Valentine person know about love?).

4 comments:

Ben said...

Scrooge...Scrooge...Scrooge...Scrooge...
Scrooge...Scrooge...Scrooge...Scrooge
...Scrooge...Scrooge...Scrooge...Scrooge...
I think that Valentine's Day is a special day for lovers. You are my Valentine and I love you very mucho mucho smoocho. You hate everything that deals with happiness, and love, and fuzzy warm lovey feelings. I am glad to think that you love me so much and that you have something really great planned for us. I actually thought about the one that I love and got you something to show you how special you are to me. Wow...the love that my honey has for me...I can feel it radiating through this computer screen into my heart. Other people that love their special someones give them something or make them something...maybe it is a good thing that our SON is going to be my little Valentine because I am not going to be here. Have fun spending this LOVE day without me. You know what don't even call me on this day...I do love you, but sometimes I don't have to like you. That is all...THE END!!!!!

Ben said...

Oh and HAPPY SINGLE AWARENESS DAY since you are single and all...

Ben said...

These were from the ornery persons wife...as if you couldn't tell...

edith said...

well, you are not the only Busey boy who doesn't like celebrating V-day, but then again, I guess you do like celebrating some holidays unlike someone I know.