Thursday, December 11, 2008

Denver

I can't wait to move to Denver; I love exploring new places, and Denver is like a veritable maze. Come to think of it, I never imagined that I'd live in Denver when I was growing up, but the prospect seems very inviting to me now. I'll be glad to move away from Utah, as much as I have enjoyed my time here. BYU has been a huge growing experience for me, and I've learned a lot, but some lessons just can't be applied until circumstances are drastically changed.
My wife is pretty nervous about it, but she'll do great. A man in her home ward once said, "There is no growth in your comfort zone, and no comfort in your growth zone." I think that is a fairly true statement; the only way to overcome our fears is by doing whatever it is that we fear.
Anyway, I just thought I'd put in a comment or two of how glad I am that our family can go through such a big change. I think that a lot of times our greatest blessings are from the experiences we dread the most (which means that Steph's in for a big blessing, and I'll be along for the ride), unless of course we don't let them turn into blessings.

No comments: