Monday, August 4, 2008

Life's Simple Similes

I just wanted to put up a quick post about pregnancy. A friend of ours used it as a metaphor for life; I'm not sure what she taught, but this is Ben's doctrine on the matter:


Pregnancy is like life

  • We kind of planned for it in the premortal existence, but I don't think we really knew what we were in for.

  • It began with a lot of pleasure and ends in pain and happiness.

  • Full of emotions and things we don't really understand. Incredibly happy one day, crazy the next.

  • Everyone who has gone through it wants to give you advice, everyone who hasn't gone through it think they know what it's like, and the ones who are really in it have no idea what's going on.

  • There are parts that you wish you could just sleep through.

  • Some people just shouldn't be participating.

  • You always need someone to hold onto for support, even when there's nothing specific the other person can do, except to say “You'll get through it.”


2 comments:

The Busey Family said...

You melt my heart! I love you so mucho! I really love the pictures also. They are so cute. It was fun to see some of the pictures of my sister. I will see you soon!

The Reedy's said...

This is so true! I think you should needlepoint it on a pillow or something!