Thursday, September 2, 2010


I went backpacking yesterday and today; it was a complete blast. I think it was the most difficult hike I've ever done, but I survived and posted a bunch of pictures on Facebook if you want to see 'em. The climb was terrific, over 4000 feet in a matter of less than two miles (I'm already sickeningly sore) after the initial four-mile grind. I've always had switchbacks, but this trail just up and decided to brave the mountainside in a straight line: vertical line. Aaaah. I manufactured a tent using a tarp, then broke my lighter this morning so ended up not eating breakfast. The weather was beautiful, although the Sawtooths brought the temp down to near 15 degrees Farenheit or so, but luckily I had my military socks and a good sleeping back. I hiked part way up yesterday afternoon, camped, and then hiked from about 5 am to 9 am to make it to the top of the ridge. Steph's out of town, so I thought I'd take advantage of the opportunity to do a little sight-seeing!

No comments: